Sitting down with your hair and makeup artists before your wedding for a consultation is very important to ensure both of you are on the same page so there are no surprises on your big day! This is a good opportunity to meet each other in person to chat and discuss your desired look for the wedding. Once we understand what you’re looking for, we move on to the hair and makeup trial. We’ll demonstrate your wedding and reception looks on either side of your face and fully style your hair with hairpieces and any accessories or jewelry you bring in.
At GS7, we schedule 2 hours for the consultation and trial. We generally recommend waiting until you have all your wedding accessories before booking the consultation within two months of your wedding date. Waiting until the last few months to do your trial session is the best because your hair length and skin tone/texture will be similar.
To ensure you get the most out of the meeting, here are some ways to prepare:
- Show us your wedding and reception outfits either in person or in photos
- Describe your wedding to us and tell us what the colours, theme and decorations will be
- Try on all your jewelry before you buy it to make sure no repairs are needed and bring all the jewelry pieces you’ll be wearing to the meeting, including earrings, clips, combs, veil, etc.
- Wear a white top with a similar neckline to your wedding dress
- Bring in photos of hairstyles and makeup looks that you like (and the ones you don’t like!)
- Prepare a schedule for the wedding and let us know what time you need to be finished hair and makeup
- Come in with a fresh face without any makeup on (just moisturizer) and make sure your hair is clean and dry
- Exfoliate your skin and lips the night before with a gentle exfoliant since smoother skin leads to a better makeup finish
- One on one consultations are recommended, but you are welcome to bring a family member or friend along who knows your style well